Tuesday, 21 May 2013

The making of my sisters card

First thing i did was traced the lady onto vellum using 0.2 Fineline in black. I started by making sure I took my time as i wanted it to be right. coloured the headband and dress strap in "Marvy No.7 Orange" I used a Red Glitter Gel pen for her lips and a light blue for her eye.

 I used "Marvy No. 18 Dark Brown" for her hair.

I used an Orange wax crown and an imbossing tool to give the effect of feathers with a soft orangey look.
i stuck the vellum in a gold card with the oval aperture then i started on the parasol. I seem to have forgotten to take some photos of the parasol. But this is what I did I used the pattern traced it in white pencil I used a multi grid for the pattern. Then using a pricking tool I pricked all around the outside  and used parchment scissors to cut out the parasol. I assembled using double sided tape using wire for the main part wrapped it in white ribbon.

 I lined the card with cream card to cover the vellum attached the sentiment and
added the 2 gems to keep in the orange colour scheme.
Using the Freebie butterfly stencil i cut out 2 butterflies 1 in vellum and 1 in gold card and the spellbinders
 shapabilities Spiral Blossom 1 i cut out of cream card i added som leaves in various shade of cream/gold and
 finally added  a gold bow to the parasol. After sticking everything on this is the finished card.